Monday, 12 September 2016

Final choice

I've been spending time choosing my final 7 images and hope I've come up with the best.  It's taken some time and me having to return for further sessions at both the Boat Building Academy and Beer beach to get better pictures.

The one I really liked, and wanted to use, I took with my iPhone.  It was that of a mast being sanded, but it came out very badly pixilated when enlarged to A3 size and the quality was completely unacceptable for this level of work.  I also had a senior moment moment when I realised that it was mainly portrait shape when I really needed images in landscape orientation. 


I had to search through my folders to come up with another image that would be acceptable and look good at A3 size.


I think this picture of a mainly completed tender was good and sharp so had it printed up at A3.

I'd taken this image from both the bow and stern and really wanted  to use the bow image.  The problem was that it was in front of the warehouse doors which had large windows to let in light.  With the overall low light level and me trying not to use either flash or fill in flash, it left the windows blank.  This view had its own lighting problems but gave a better all round view.  I managed to overcome the problems and feel it is much better overall especially with the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment