I've been trying various layouts for the front cover and have finally come up with one that that I find acceptable. I know the general rule is for items to be either one, three, five, etc, but it was difficult to get three boats with an acceptable background and not surrounded by detritous or people.
Another consideration was that of the position of the sun. Early in the morning, the sun was in the east and put the boats bows in shadow which made the colours dull. In the afternoon I had to be careful not to leave photographing too late (after 5.00 pm) as the sun went down in the west behing the town and left the beach in shadow.
This, to me, has all the requirements for an eye-catching, acceptable calendar to advertise a business.
I like the bright colours of the fishing boats which I used because the red one on the left had recently been at the academy for repairs.
I knnow that I wasn't asked to design the calendar but I felt I needed to get the feel of it. I wanted to see how it would look in various different designs. This was my favourite. It's pleasing to the eye and I feel it has a decent 'WOW' factor that would make it stand out when put on display with other calendars.

No comments:
Post a Comment