I've been taking pictures now since May and in the past month have been concentrating on searching for a front cover. I keep talking about the WOW factor and this is essential if people are encouraged to buy it off the shelves. There are so many different calendars on the shelves during the run up to the new year that my calendar will need something to give it a boost.
I also want the image to show an obvious connection with the academy so a lot of the images I've taken can be ruled out. Here are a few images that I have considered for the front cover:
I like this block and the way it's laying. I've asked several people but they don't think it's really the best picture.
This rowlock, again is interesting but doesn't immediately show boat building, so it's aother no.
I really love this image of Regina and friends bringing her boat out of the workshop to ready it to sail. After consideration I don't think it's really best but I will use it in the main body of images as it shows a completed boat.
This picture really shows what all the students are striving to achieve and will certainly be part of the main body but it's not quite right.
This is a sail away picture that all the students want to achieve at the end of their 38-week course. I think due to the poor misty weather this image isn't quite good enough for the front cover so I'm still looking.
This image is a goer for me but I think the colours are not quite bright enough. The reason I think this image can be included is that one of these fishing boats was in for repair recently at the academy and only recently returned to sea.
I think the colour is poor for the boat on the left hand side especially as it was in the morning and the sun was behind it. I plan to return to the Beer beach in the late afternoon or early evening in fine weather with the sun on the front of the boats. Perhaps this will give me an image with more impact.






No comments:
Post a Comment