I've had some ideas about the assignment already. Living in Lyme Regis, where the scenery is gorgeous most of the time, it would be too easy just to run around, take a few snaps and call it a day. I bounced ideas off my photographic friends and one suggested I focus on the life boat and its crew. This was muddling round my head and I started to think through what to photograph that hadn't been covered before and how to put a new slant on it when another friend suggested, what I think is a better subject. We have one of the few boat building academies in the country here at Lyme which builds amongst other things wooden boats. The smell of the wood as you walk by is amazing and seeing boats created from pieces of wood tugs at the senses.
I've heard that the staff are very accommodating when it comes to taking pictures so I'm off this morning to talk to them about featuring the boats, students and staff in the calendar which I need to produce for this assignment.
And their web address is:
http://www.boatbuildingacademy.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment